"I wish I never moved out of the dorms."
- Said nobody ever.
People always complain about the dorms but never explain just how much living in the dorms changes your perspective on a lot of things. They usually just say "get through it." I'm telling you HOW!
- Decorate. Make your side of the room feel like home. If your dorm is pretty, it will not feel like a bother to go back to your room.
- Talk to your roommate. It's nice if you can be friends with your roommate, BUT you DON'T have to be. There should, however, be an open line of communication. You should be able to say "hey, it's hard for me to sleep when you're listening to music late at night," or something of that nature without creating a difficult living situation.
- Compliment your roommate. If you are always complaining about what your roommate does that bothers you, otherwise your roommate may think you regret rooming with them. So give positive feedback every once in a while.
- Talk to your hall mates. It will make washing your faces next to each other in the morning less awkward.
- Invite your friends over. Have a game/movie/other night in your room or a lounge in your dorm.
- Leave your room. Most dorms have study rooms, use them. If you don't have a tv, use the tv room and don't always watch tv on your laptop. Get to know your Desk Attendants and your R.A.