Do you get sick every time the weather changes? Are you following the best hygiene efforts?
- Wash your hands before eating. If you are eating on campus, who knows what you touched last so be sure to wash your hands with soap for 20-30 seconds so you don't stick all of those germs in your mouth.
- Avoid touching doorknobs. Doorknobs are best friends with germs. Often we forget to sanitize those areas as well. Use a paper towel to open knows.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of fluids will flush some illnesses out before they get a chance to attack.
- Get plenty of rest. When you do not get enough rest, your body does not get a chance to heal or recover from the day. That makes your body too tired of fight off an infection.
- Wear a jacket. In Arizona, it is common for people to not wear jackets because they are not used to the cold. Cold weather is a breeding ground for viruses in the air. Stay warm and give your body a better chance to fight off any chance of illness by wearing a jacket.
Bonus tip: You know that "I hope I'm not getting sick feeling?" Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix (found here) will help you to feel right again. Warning: It tastes disgusting. Drink it fast.
How do you stay free from illness?