It's a new day in a new year. The possibilities are endless.
2016 wasn't my favorite year. It also wasn't my least favorite year. In 2016, I committed to getting to know myself and grow everyday. I stuck to it. Some days were harder than others, but I survived. I am super excited for this year. I plan to learn a lot and take charge. Here are my plans:
- Grow my blog. I believe the world deserves to see My Crazy Hectic Life. Growing my blog includes increasing my social media presence so follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter if you haven't done so already!
- Start my vlog! You heard it here. My Crazy Hectic Life will regularly post videos on YouTube. In fact, you can subscribe to the page now!
- Get healthy. I had a slew of health problems in 2016. Back pain, Bursitis of the shoulder, and a few other ailments prevented me from being as healthy as I would've liked.
- Do well in school. I'm beginning my upper division courses this semester and I would love to excel in them.
- Get into my school's entrepreneurship program. This goal is far off but it is at the forefront of my mind. U of A has one of the best entrepreneurship programs and I will be applying for it in December.
- Move into my own apartment. Roommates are nice and all, but I think I would like to experience having my own apartment.
- Stress less. Honestly, some of my health issues could potentially been caused or worsened by stress. So to be sick less I will stress less.
- Save more. This year, I would really like to cut back on "spoiling myself" because it was a little excessive this holiday season.
- Have more energy. Some days I was basically too tired to do anything and I hated it.
- Stop waiting on the perfect moment. In 2016 (I'm not comfortable with "last year" yet), I passed on several opportunities waiting on the right moment. This year I plan on creating those "perfect moments."
- Plan more. In order to accomplish all that I would like to get done this year, my planner and I will become besties. This year, I will become much more productive and have much more fun doing it!
- Do something differently. In order to get different results, you have to make a change, right? Last year (still kinda awkward), I set out to always try new things. This year I want to try doing some of my routine things a bit differently.
- Let go. I am such a detail-oriented person that sometimes it's my downfall. This year, I will not let the tiny details make or break my day.
- Squat more. There's no real reason to have this goal. I just want to be able to squat almost double my bodyweight because it would be cool.
- Read more. There are so many good things that come from reading. This year I would like to read books about blogging and business, as well as a book for pleasure.
- Reflect more. This year, I would like to set aside more personal reflection time. During my reflections, I will also create action plans for accomplishing my goals.
- Research more. Often, I get so consumed with school that I allow my passions and other projects fall to the side. I would like to give myself more time to focus on the things I am interested in this year.
What are you goals for the new year? Did you do anything fun for NYE? Share in the comments.