Stop letting others drain your energy in 2017!
You cannot actively achieve your goals without focusing on yourself. Spending time with yourself does not, under any circumstance, are you self-absorbed, selfish, or any other label another person may use to make you feel bad about yourself. You have to live in your body, those other people don't.
Take care of yourself, because if you don't who will?
Spending time with yourself can be easy if you let it. Here's how:
- Take a nap. First step to taking care of yourself is getting some rest. When was the last time you did that?
- Hit the gym. No better way to satisfy your mind and body than to release the endorphins it needs to naturally reduce stress and promote sleep.
- Have a nice dinner. Either cook something you love but haven't eaten for a while, or go out to your favorite restaurant.
- Do your makeup. Sometimes waking up is such a chore. Spend a little more time getting ready tomorrow morning and see how it improves your day.
- Get a mani/pedi. If works busy or your class schedule is overwhelming, your nails can start to suffer. Give them some much needed attention.
- Take a bubble bath. Relax. Read a book. Spend 30 minutes relaxing and unwinding.
- Listen to a new album. Music connects with the soul. It can bring more peace than you will know. Listen to something new and uplifting.
- Meditate. Spend 10-15 minutes being still. Allow your mind to go blank and
- Take a drive. Take a scenic route to work. If you live in the city, take a day trip somewhere. Give your mind a break from the daily monotony.
- Read a book. Reading is liberating. Allow your mind to wander to a new land.
Making time for yourself when there's not enough time in the day
- Wake up early. Grab yourself a coffee and spend some time getting ready for your day.
- Go to bed later. After a long day, it's easy just to go to bed. Fight the urge for 40 minutes and do something for yourself. Maybe use the time to finish something you've been procrastinating. You could also think about watching your favorite show or preparing for tomorrow.
- Schedule a break between classes. Study and catch up on homework during your breaks. It will give you time for yourself later on during the day.
Do you ever feel like you do not have time for yourself? How do you spend time with the person that matters most?